Hey y'all. Soo, despite my good intentions with respect to this blog, what with uniting migrant workers with temps to form a class-blind mega union and saving democracy and whatnot--I have a feeling that this lofty venture will quickly deteriorate into me complaining about my hangover pretty much every day.
That said, I feel like total shit! Thankfully it's Casual Friday, so it's hopefully all good that I smell like a dumpster and was seen classily eating cup o' noodles at my desk at 8 AM. Whatever--chick in accounting is wearing sweats and what looks to be a Big Dog t-shirt. (Remember Big DOg shirts? Circa Hypercolor.) Casual kewl!!
I, for one, uuuuusually try to make an effort to look civilized at work and brush my hair and stuff, because I've found that people tend to cut you slack when you at least look like you've got your act together. Besides, I was told that I am (temporarily) "the face of this company." It's a brokerage firm, or something like that, which means that the little stock market crash of 2 days ago could very well be my bad, right? You never know--what's it called, the butterfly effect? Where a butterlfly flapping its wings in Timbuktu is the breeze on your face? Very deep shit. Kinda making my head hurt right now, actually.Ow. Ow. Ow.
It kinda spices up life to think that way--to ascribe this awesome power to my pitiful little existence as a temporary corporate chump slash aspiring blogger.
Time for my 15-minute "morning break." WHat the hell is that about? I'd rather just sit here, but it's mandated by law that I go stand outside for 15 min. It's, like, designed for smokers. As a nonsmoker, what do I do, go outside for a gum break? Toothpick chewing break? Poke around in the hat store next door?
Or...just blaze up a doobie real quick...
Holler at u later.
-LA TEMPIST
Friday, March 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
ha ha ha! Big Dog t-shirts. how did that ever catch on. . . On a totally random and unrelated note, can I make a request to hear a post on Cutis Blow? I heard the Breaks on the radio the other day and I couldnt help but think of you.
My parents would never get me the Big Dog t-shirts, or Cross Colors t-shirts, or anything cool like that! Talk about a deprived childhood...
I did get a pair of bright white Gap jeans one time (though I really wanted Girbauds--sp?). I got a big grass stain on the knee right before the YMCA 6-th grade dance, though, and ruined them by underestimating the awesome power of bleach.
Me neither, Adam. My mom thought Hypercolor caused cancer. (She also thought jean jackets were degenerate/ morally on par with waterbeds.) That sux about the bright white jeans--I know how that goes. Grass stains are brutal.
Nonetheless I am looking forward to the day when wearing a Big Dog shirt with btight white tapered jeans is once again "in". Universally flattering.
oh casual friday! the frumpy biology teacher likes to wear those jeans with the diamonds on the booty--however, they hang slack from her form and she often pairs them with big dog-esque tee shirts, so the effect is < 2 Pi R.....
Post a Comment